Restore Your Smile Today
If you have one or more missing teeth, dental implants offer a permanent solution. They’re custom-made to look and function like your natural teeth, allowing you to chew your favorite foods and smile with confidence.
Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants and what they can do for your smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant consists of three parts:
- Implant Fixture — The implant fixture is a titanium post that’s placed directly in your jaw. It acts as an artificial tooth root, providing strong support for your final restoration.
- Abutment — The abutment is a small piece that connects the implant fixture to your new replacement tooth.
- Restoration — The final piece of a dental implant is the restoration, which sits on top of your gumline to take the place of your missing tooth. We offer a variety of options to restore any number of missing teeth.
Our Implant Solutions
Whether you’re missing one tooth, multiple teeth, or a full arch, we can provide a solution for you. We offer the following restorations at our practice:
- Crowns — Dental crowns are the most convenient way to replace a single tooth. They’re made from durable, tooth-colored porcelain for a natural look and feel.
- Bridges — If you’re missing adjacent teeth, dental bridges offer a potential alternative to crowns. Unlike traditional bridges, implant bridges don’t rely on your surrounding teeth for support.
- Dentures — Implant-supported dentures offer a huge improvement over traditional ones. They provide greater stability, improved functionality, and protection for your oral health. We offer full and partial implant-supported dentures for your convenience.
The Many Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several unique benefits, including:
- Natural Appearance — Your restoration will be customized to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth to blend in perfectly with your smile.
- Unmatched Stability — The titanium implant fixture fuses directly with your jawbone in a process called osseointegration, taking the place of your natural tooth root. This ensures your restoration will never slide out of place when you’re eating or speaking.
- Protection for Your Oral Health — Thanks to osseointegration, your implant provides stimulation to your jawbone and promotes healthy bone growth. This prevents your jawbone from deteriorating, reducing your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other complications.
- Convenience — Dental implants are never removed and don’t require any special cleaning products or messy adhesives. Simply brush and floss them gently every day.
- Long-Lasting Results — Dental implants are extremely durable and can last a lifetime with proper care. Depending on which one you choose, your restoration will typically last ten to fifteen years, though you can prolong this with excellent oral hygiene habits.
Visit San Mateo Dental Office for Restorations
We’re proud to provide high-quality restorations for patients undergoing dental implant treatment. We don’t place implants at our practice, but we’ve created and repaired countless restorations for satisfied patients.
If you want to learn more about dental implants and how we contribute to the process, contact our practice and schedule a consultation. One of our doctors, Jeff and Diana Powers, will be happy to answer all your questions.