Teeth that are misaligned, gapped or crowded can mar an otherwise beautiful smile, but luckily, the world of orthodontics holds many treatments that align your teeth to give you both confidence and greater oral health. Between Invisalign® clear aligners and traditional braces, many people have found the beautiful smile they’ve always dreamed of. Here are some of the comparative benefits of Invisalign clear aligners over traditional braces.
Traditional Metal Braces
- Metal wires, brackets and rubber bands are used to straighten the teeth.
- Some dietary restrictions, as some foods can damage braces or pull them off the teeth.
- Potential for scraping and irritation from brackets rubbing the inner mouth.
- Maintenance can be difficult with the small, hard-to-reach areas that need to be cleaned.
- Brackets, bands and wires are usually fully visible on the teeth.
- Uses a series of aligners in gradually shifting shapes to straighten the teeth.
- Each aligner is made of a smooth plastic that doesn’t scrape or irritate the mouth.
- Easily cleaned since aligners can be removed from the mouth for cleaning and eating.
- No dietary restrictions necessary.
- Clear and smooth, making the aligners a discreet option.
Our dentists, Dr. Diana Powers and Dr. Jeff Powers, offer Invisalign treatments in San Mateo, California. If you would like to learn more about your orthodontic options, please give Powers, DDS a call at 650-342-1663 today to learn more and determine if Invisalign clear aligners are the right option for you.