Porcelain Veneers in San Mateo, CA
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the surface of flawed or damaged teeth. Porcelain is used to create veneers because this material is highly durable and looks almost identical to your natural teeth. This treatment provides a more conservative alternate to dental crowns, as they require less alteration to the tooth being treated. With porcelain veneers in place, you can enjoy a straighter, whiter smile.
What Are Porcelain Veneers Used to Treat?
Porcelain veneers have proven useful at treating a variety of cosmetic flaws that affect our San Mateo area patient’s smiles. This includes:
- Cracks and chips
- Staining and discoloration
- Misaligned and crooked teeth
- Wide gaps between teeth
Should any of the above issues have a negative impact on your smile, then you might greatly benefit from treatment with porcelain veneers. We at San Mateo Dental Office customize our veneer treatments for each patient, providing cosmetic work that matches the color and texture of the patient’s natural teeth. To learn more, schedule a consultation today.
The Process Used by Drs. T. Jeff Powers and Diana C. Powers
The porcelain veneer process is very simple. It can be broken down into three steps:
- The first step is to attend a consultation with one or both of our doctors. During your consultation, we will discuss your smile goals and your treatment options. Then, we will develop a plan for your cosmetic treatment.
- On your next visit, your tooth (or teeth) will need to be prepared for placement of the veneer(s). During this step, some enamel may need to be removed from the tooth, which will be done by gently scraping that tooth’s surface. This ensures that the veneer will be able to fit properly.
- Finally, a custom-made veneer will be applied to the tooth using a special dental cement. Once in place, the veneer will be check to ensure that it fits in properly with the rest of your teeth.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Are you looking for a cosmetic solution to your flawed smile that doesn’t require too much alteration to your teeth? Porcelain veneers may be the right treatment for your needs. To learn more about this process, contact our office and schedule a no-obligation consultation with Dr. T. Jeff Powers and Dr. Diana C. Powers today.