Natural-looking Porcelain Veneers in San Mateo, CA
If you’re unsatisfied with your smile, porcelain veneers can provide the solution you’ve been looking for. Because they require less alteration to your teeth, veneers are a convenient alternative to dental crowns. Explore our guide to learn how this treatment can improve your smile.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the surface of flawed or damaged teeth. They’re created from porcelain, a highly durable material that looks virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
Veneers are used to treat a variety of cosmetic issues with your teeth, including:
- Cracks and chips
- Stains and discoloration
- Misalignment and crooked teeth
- Wide gaps
Our Veneers Treatment Process
At San Mateo Dental Office, we can revitalize your smile in three simple steps:
- Consultation — The first step is to schedule a consultation with one or both of our doctors, Jeff and Diana Powers. During this visit, they’ll examine your oral health and discuss your options in order to develop the right treatment plan.
- Preparation — The next step is to prepare your teeth for veneer placement. This part of the procedure may require removing some enamel from each tooth by gently scraping its surface. This will ensure your veneers fit comfortably and look natural.
- Placement — The final step is placing your veneers over your damaged teeth. We customize our veneers to match the unique color and texture of each patient’s natural teeth. Once it’s secure, we’ll check to ensure your new veneers blend in perfectly with the rest of your smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers offer many benefits, including:
- Durability — Veneers are made from strong, durable porcelain that allows you to chew your favorite foods without concern.
- Natural-looking — Your veneers are specially crafted to match the appearance of your natural teeth.
- Quick and Easy Procedure — The veneers process can usually be completed in two to three visits over the course of a few weeks.
- Stain-resistant — Unlike natural teeth, veneers are resistant to stains, allowing you to enjoy products such as coffee and red wine without impacting your smile.
- Long-lasting — With proper care, veneers can last ten to fifteen years.
- Increased Confidence — Covering up your damaged or stained teeth will enhance your smile and boost your confidence.
- Immediate Satisfaction — No recovery period is necessary after your veneers are placed, meaning you can enjoy all the benefits of your new smile from the moment you leave our practice.
Visit San Mateo Dental Office for Porcelain Veneers
If you have damaged or stained teeth, Drs. Jeff and Diana Powers can restore your smile with custom-made porcelain veneers. The first step is to schedule a consultation so our doctors can listen to your needs and recommend the best treatment for you.
Don’t let unhealthy teeth impact your life — contact us today and reclaim your smile.